Thursday, May 14, 2009

Purses

Upon the advice of my quilting teacher, I purchased a book on the Log Cabin quilt pattern (Make a Quilt in a Day: Log Cabin Pattern by Eleanor Burns). Though I am yet to make an entire Log Cabin Quilt, I have used the pattern in numerous projects such as pillows and purses. Here are some of the purses I've made over the years. It's great to be able to make your own purses because when I wanted a brown purse, I didn't have to run around to a bunch of stores looking for one. I just made one, exactly to my own specifications! Purses also make great gifts. However, I have a bad bad habit of giving them away before I photograph them! I know I've made at least one tote bag, two purple purses, one green purse and two multi-colored purses for friends & family members. Someday I would like to be able to sell my purses on e-Bay or at a craft fair. :-)

I also made tote bags for my flute choir members and myself. We used to play at a number of nursing homes at Christmas and at other events throughout the year. The tote bag (the pattern is in the log cabin book mentioned above) is the perfect size to fit music, the flute and a stand. It also makes a great carryon for the plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment